Rumoured to be Cape Town’s most beautiful monohull, Moonshadow is a once-off 40 foot yacht with a sleek black hull, varnished wood finishes and distinct black sails which put her in a league of her own. Designed as a ‘day sailor’, Moonshadow is perfect for shorter trips up and Table Bay’s coastline. Moonshadow sails out of ‘The Water Club’ in Granger Bay, perfectly situated to explore Clifton’s white sandy beaches, a journey into the open Atlantic or to sail around Robben Island. Moonshadow Sailing Adventure provides you with the opportunity to embrace adventure from the comfort of a luxury yacht, to experience sailing in the hands of a professional crew, and to enjoy mountain views, white beaches and turquoise water from the deck. All the while enjoying the best wine and pairings that the Cape Peninsula has to offer. Moonshadow was built in 2010 in Cape Town by Moondance. She is a one of a kind. Although her lines and varnished wood resemble a classic yacht, below decks she is remarkably stripped out. This, in combination with a bulb keel and an oversized rig means that she performs brilliantly, especially in light air.
- Full crew and fuel.
- Exclusive use of the yacht.
- Local drinks & soft drinks.
- Light snacks.
- Any other options / activities chosen
On arrival you will be met by fully trained crew. Moonshadow also offers the following:
Bar / Catering - No formal bar, but drinks & light snacks are served. Catering is to be arranged prior to the charter. Otherwise you are more than welcome to bring your own food and snacks.
Features – 1 x Head (Toilet), 1 x Shower, 1 x Galley (kitchen), Nanni, 27HP marine engine, Mainsail, jib, code 0, spinnaker
Route - Designed as a ‘day sailor’, Moonshadow is perfect for shorter trips up and Table Bay’s coastline. Moonshadow sails out of ‘The Water Club’ in Granger Bay, perfectly situated to explore Clifton’s white sandy beaches, a journey into the open Atlantic or to sail around Robben Island.
Weather: Cruise time and cruise course are dependent on weather conditions and at the discretion of the skipper. You and your guests safety will always be our primary priority.
Additional information - You are more than welcome to get involved as crew and enjoy the sailing adventure. We provide life jackets.
What to wear: Comfortable clothing + Something warm/ waterproof, Camera to take a few snaps of your adventure.
Terms and Conditions (Moonshadow Vessel):
- All charters are weather dependent and at the discretion of management.
- Rates for charters are in South African rands.
- All charters are subject to our General terms and conditions and signed indemnity forms
- You will be required to acknowledge T&C's specific for Moonshadow.
Moonshadow Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- A 50% deposit should be received within 7 days of receipt of the Private Charter Invoice. Full payment should be received at least 7 working days prior to the event.
- A cancellation fee of 20% of the booking amount will be levied on all cancellations. Cancellations must be received at least 72 hours before the cruise/charter for a 80% refund of the booking amount. No refunds will be given after this time period. Cancellation requests are required to be emailed. The cancellation fee will be 100% of the Cruise/Charter rate should the client cancel the charter within 72 hours of the departure date of the desired Cruise/Charter.
- The client will be liable for a 100% cancellation fee should the client not arrive for a booked scheduled cruise/charter. In the unfortunate event that a cruise/charter is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or for any reasonable reason, such as Engine Failure, Isabella will not be held responsible or liable for any additional losses incurred by the person or company chartering the vessel. Isabella will endeavour to re-schedule the charter for a date convenient to both the client and vessel, alternatively, any deposit or advance payment made by the client will be refunded 80%, after levies. In the case of Special scheduled cruises over Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, New Years Eve, Valentines Day, Easter Weekend and Ocean Race Events, the Cancellation Fee will be 100% of the scheduled cruise/charter.
- Please note that changes from the South African Government or SAMSA could change the total pax allowed onboard.
- Should regulations change due to government announcements. We will reschedule of your charter to a future date suitable for you. NO REFUNDS will be provided, only rescheduling.
Amenities, Entertainment & Recreation
For your relaxation and entertainment Moonshadow Sailing Adventure has the following facilities, for more details please speak to your yacht charter broker.
Select from our diverse range of charters include luxury motor yachts, sailing and motorised catamarans, classic yachts